INSP is the only organisation conducting research into worldwide street papers. Through our annual members’ survey, we monitor trends among our network.
The information allows us to better support the world’s street paper projects and it is a unique insight into their effectiveness in combating urban poverty.
The latest snapshot of our network:
- Over 100 street papers in 35 countries, published in 25 languages
- 8,750 vendors at any one time
- 20,500 vendors over past year
- 19.4 million circulation last year
- 4.6 million readership per edition
- Vendors collectively earned £24.2 million last year
- Street papers have supported almost 300,000 vendors since 1989